Wednesday, August 12, 2009

July 9th






















Can I just say that I LOVE Venise!? It really is a beautiflu, romantic, and magical place! I'm so happy that we are here! This morning Bec, Mal, and I went to the Duomo in Florence and sketched for a bit and decided to get one last gelato at our favorite place called Grom. So good! Then it was time to head over to the train station and get on our way to Venise. It was about a three hour ride, a perfect opportunity to catch some zz's. When we got to Venise we took a water taxi to our hotel. We got to our hotel and from the outside you wouldn't think that it's a hotel, the buildings kind of all mesh together, but it's oh so very nice inside! The nicest hotel that I've ever stayed in and it has internet that is half-way descent! It is such a nice suprise after staying in that not so nice room in Florence. After putting our things in our rooms, Darrin took us on a walking tour of Venise. Oh my gosh! I just love it here! Its a city in the water, so there are no cars, just boats and gondolas. I can't wait to ride one! It is very easy to get lost though so it should be interesting. After walking around for awhile we got some dinner which was pretty darn good! I had this amazing salad, it was so fresh and yummy! Now Bec and I are just sitting here in our wonderful room with AC and really soft sheets...ah!!! This is the life, I don't ever want to leave!

No comments:

Post a Comment