Tuesday, August 18, 2009

July 26th






















Happy Sabbath! This morning I got to go to church to the Hyde Park Ward. It was really neat,it was Fast and Testimony Meeting today so it was neat to be able to hear the testimonies of the good Saints in London. Although I think about half of the congregation were tourists, but its always so great to be among people who live, think, and believe in the same things as you do, its very refreshing. I had a bit of a hard time staying awake though because Beccah, Malory and I stayed up until 4 AM last night talking and doing laundry, it was so worth it though...good times. After church Bec and I wanted to go see the London Tower before her and Malory went went to The Lion King. So we get to the Tower and the lines were so long and by the time we got in we would only have like 30 minutes to look around so we desided just to do a little site seeing for ourselves. It was really fun, we looked in the Tower gift shop and took pictures. We also got on a double-decker bus so where the theature were The Lion King was showing. The bus was way fun, we actually had to run and jump on it like you see in the movies, it was a bit scary but so fun at the same time. On our way to the theature we stopped at McDonalds to get a shake with real cadbury chocolate in it! It was so good! They seriously need it in the States! Oh yeah speaking of chocolate...thats all I've been eating sense I got here! I've probably gained 20 pounds just this week I've eaten so much of it! But it is so good...mmm... We met up with the rest of the group at the theature, while they were watching the show I just hung out at a nearby market in Covent Gardens and later met up with them after the show for dinner. It was my first time being alone in London so it was quite the experience. Covent Gardens was really neat, they had all sorts of shops and street performers, it kind of reminded me of Portobello Road. I saw these amazing performers playing classical music, they were really fun, getting the crowd involded and they would dance as they would play their instruments. It was very entertaining. The Lion King was about three hours long so about two hours of it I was at Covent Gardens and the last hour I wondered back to the theature and just sat and waited for it to be over. It was really nice just to sit and watch the people go by. Here's another funny story...So i'm sitting at the theature waiting and across the street I see a garbage truck stop. A really cute black man gets out of the truck and he's doing his job putting the garbage into the truck. Anyways, so I was just watching him and he all of a sudden he looks at me so I hurry and look down because I felt a little sheepish that I got caught looking at him. I get the courage to look up and he's looking right at me, so I start to get all nervous thinking he's going to do something. But he just got back into the truck still looking at me but then he smiles and yells "CALL ME!" out the window. Ha ha! British men are so friendly here! Ha ha! Soon after my fly-by flirting the show was over and I met my friends to go get something to eat, we went to this cool pub just up the street and the food was way good, we had this mushroom and fried chicken dish, I can't remember what it was called but it was dang good! After dinner we headed back to the flat. Another good day in London!






No comments:

Post a Comment