Wednesday, August 19, 2009

July 30th





































Today we were giving the option of going to the Roam Baths but Malory, Beccah, and I decided to go to Windsor Castle. We had realized that we hadn't even seen one real castle during our time here in Europe. So with our Brit Rail Passes we took a train to Windsor. Windsor Castle is the Queen's actual residence and has been for the last 900 years. It was pretty darn sweet! I got to see an actual castle!! The town of Windsor reminded me of Disneyland, just with the castle and all the little shops and places to eat around it. We spent awhile there but we had to head back to London because my friends had tickets to see Peter Pan in Hyde Park. We get back in London and we're taking the Tube back to our flat and we had to transfer trains, so we're walking to the next train and all of a sudden my friends start running to get on before the doors close, but I get caught behind a bunch of people and the train leaves and my friends are on it! My first thought was..."oh shizz!" and I paniced a little bit. So I pulled out my iPod and turned on some music to calm me down and I hopped on the next train. Well I soon found out that I got on the wrong one so I got off on the next stop and got on the right trian and eventually made it safely to my flat. I will admit that I was scared, but luckly the metro system here is really easy to read and understand. Well my friends went to the play and I later met up with them for dinner in Piccadilly Circus at Planet Hollywood. Piccadilly Circus is like their Times Square, circus here in England means a square or court. It was pretty cool but there were wierdos out tonight! What a day!

No comments:

Post a Comment