Friday, August 14, 2009

July 16th










































































































I thought yesterday was crazy, today was nuts! This morning we took a train to Poissy just ourside of Paris to go see Le Corusier's Villa Savoye. It was so neat, I really love the modern architure, very simple but complex at the same time. We were able to go inside, the interior I think was really neat too. All of the furniture was also designed by Le Corbusier. After looking inside we all sat outside and sketched the house for awhile. We got back onto the train for Paris and we went to this really nice restraunt for lunch called Kong. The interior was designed by Philp Stark, who also designed the famous Ghost Chair. After lunch we got to go see Notre Dame. The stained glass is gorgeous and the massive building was really quite impressive. It is one of the best examples of French Gothic architecture in the world. We then walked over to the Musee d'Orsay, it was quite the walk and by this time my feet were hurting so bad and I kept falling behind the group. It was really frustrating that my feet were holding me back but I managed to catch up and I made it to the museum. The Musee d'Orsay is so cool! One of my favorite museums, it used to be a railway station. It holds mainly French art including paintings, sculpture, furniture, and photography, it has a large collection of impressionist masterpieces by painters like Monet, Degas, Renoir, and Van Gough. It was pretty cool, I just wish that my feet didn't hurt so bad, it was so cool to see paintings by Van Gough and all I could think of was that I just wanted to sit down! Thats so bad and I hope that when I think of the d'Orsay I don't think about how badly my feet hurt. After we were done looking around we decided that tonight would be the best night to go to the Eiffel Tower. Well we got there and the line was freakin long! But it was so worth the wait! We had quite the experience on the top of the tower, well we were enjoying being up at the top and off in the distance we can see some lightening but we didn't really think anything of it. Pretty soon the wind started picking up and it started to rain, just a few minutes later the wind was blowing pretty hard and the rain was coming down pretty good too, and no joke, the tower was swaying back and forth! It felt like we were on a boat and at first it was kind of fun getting wet and swaying but there was this lady that started to scream and was freaking everyone else out. Its funny now but it did get a little scary for a bit. So we're standing in the line to get on the elevator to get back down for about an hour and a half, but we finally get down and by then I am just exhausted! My feet hurt so so very bad! We tried to get a taxi but there were so many people trying to get one it was just impossible. so we started walking back to our hotel and we got a little lost and I'm just hurting so bad that I start crying like an idiot! I was so embarrassed but my friends were so sweet and we got a taxi, we were only like a few blocks away from our hotel but I honestly don't think that I would have made it. I have a tone of blisters and my ankles are the size of grapefruits! I hope I feel better tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment