Wednesday, August 12, 2009

July 10th





























This morning we had the chance to go tour Rubelli Fabrics founded in 1850s, they produce hand-made fabrics using traditional techniques as well as highly sophisticated textiles of all kinds. Rubelli is also considered one of the top 3 or 4 home furnishing fabric firms world-wide. It was a really neat opportunity to tour their studio and learn more about the history. We also got to tour Fortuny Fabrics. I really loved their fabrics, I loved their designs and colors, the process of how they produce the fabric is still a secret today so we were only able to see the show room, we were able to look and feel all the fabrics. After our tours we were given free time so we walked around and tried to find somewhere to eat. My feet were killing me today! We had to get dressed up today for those tours that we went on so I had to wear my cute but very uncomfortable shoes, oh my word...it hurt so bad!! I'm so very glad to be sitting and putting my feet up. It was so funny, Beccah decided to use the beday to wash her feet and shove her legs! Ha ha! Thats how we do! How anyone can use those things is beyond me, so gross!

No comments:

Post a Comment