Tuesday, August 18, 2009

July 27th


























































































































































Everyday gets better and better! I love London/England so much! I left my heart in Venise but I belong in London. Today we went to Salisbury and saw the Wilton House, the Salisbury Cathedral, and Stonehenge! So cool! Ok so this morning we met pretty early and took a train to Salisbury, I love going out to the english country side. From there we took a transite bus to the Wilton House. The Wilton House was so cool and it has a ton of really cool history to it, everyone should look it up if you don't know about it but one of the most exciting things about it for me was that it had origional furniture made by Chippendale! You only see that type of stuff in your textbooks but I actually got to see with my own eyes! So cool! The grounds and gardens are gorgeous and fabulous as well. The nice people at the Wilton House also gave us homemade lemonade with strawberries, and really yummy pastries. After the Wilton House we got back on the bus and went to Salisbury Cathedral. It's a really pretty cathedral with beautiful stained glass windows. The spire was added on after the cathedral was finished and it actually leans about 3 feet I think, but it leans against the wind so it wont blow off, coincidence? I think not! We actually got to walk up about 300 steps to the spire and saw amazing views of Salisbury, so cool! We also were in the bell tower when the bells went off, it was so loud and so cool at the same time! You can just feel it ringing in your body, just awesome! After Salisbury Darrin called a bunch of taxies for us to go see Stonehenge! I was so excited, this was on my top 10 list of places that I have to see before I die! Its literally out in the middle of a green field in the middle of nowhere! Stonehenge is over 5,000 years old and they still really aren't sure what it was really used for. I can't believe that I've been able to see it! So cool! It's been such a good day! I've been realizing that we only have about a week and a half left of this wonderful trip. It makes me really sad to think about but I do miss my family and friends, it will be nice to see them!








No comments:

Post a Comment