Thursday, August 20, 2009

July 31st





























Today was our last day trip for the rest of the grand tour. This morning we took a train to Chesterfield, then a bus to Haddon Hall. Hadden Hall was so interesting. It was like a hotel back in the 1300s. The way people lived was really interesting...I was getting really grossed out because of the way they lived and eat. Personal hygene was non-existant niether was cleanliness of any kind, but it was super cool and fasinating to learn about. Outside of Hadden Hall was a pretty garden, and we all spotted this really cool rustic and old door, so naturally we all had to take our picture in front of it. Ha ha! I love looking like tourists from America. While we were taking our pictures a british man came walking by us and said "Do they not have bloody doors in America?" Ha ha! Yes sir, of course we have doors! We got back on the bus and headed to Chatsworth. Chatsworth was Mr. Darcy's house in the newest movie of Pride and Prejudice, but is the home of the Duke and Duchess of Devonshire. When we got there my friends and I decided to look at the gradens first while the weather was good. The gardens here are so much fun, there were really neat fountains that you can wade your feet in and hours and hours of exploring. There was a really cool maze that you can go through made out of bushes. I was so mad because my camera ran out of batteries so I wasn't able to take as many as I wanted to. The interior is pretty sweet too. There is a ton of art and sculptures. It was a pretty fun day. When we got back into London we went to Piccadilly Circus to see a shop that we thought looked cool. It has a tun of british stuff, I finally got me a really sweet London jacket I'm so excited about it. The next three days are free so Beccah and Malory are going to Scotland in the morning. I'm going to miss them and I so wish that I could go, should be an interesting weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment