Sunday, August 2, 2009

July 1st and 2nd











July 1st and 2nd 2009
Europe or Bust!!I can’t believe this time has come! I’ve waited years and months for this trip, lots of preparing and saving this past year. Our trip started out with meeting at the Salt Lake International Airport at 4:30 in the am! From there we flew to Denver, CO and had a three hour layover until our next flight to Detroit, MI, and then from Detroit to Rome, IT. The flight to Rome was an interesting one…my cute friend Kaitlyn was sitting next to me and she decided to take an ambien! It was hilarious! She was so loopy and funny it was quite entertaining. I also got to try the airplane food…it was even a mystery to me! We finally arrived in Rome at 11 am by this time I’m just exhausted! It was really hard to sleep on the plane so I was so happy to get off when we landed. From the airport we took a bus to our hotel. Rome reminded me a little of California, palm trees, and the hustle and bustle with cars and people. Drivers in Italy are crazy! I was a little afraid for my life a few times, the lines on the road are more like guidelines or its optional! We arrived at our hotel the Villa Pamphili, it is a really nice hotel. It has a really nice pool and AC in the room, which is so awesome because it is so hot and humid here! We put our stuff in the room and headed out for the Coliseum! So we hopped on the metro which has a wonderful aroma of BO and urine! Good times… we got off the metro and all you can see is the Coliseum! It was so amazing!! It’s huge!! It’s everything I’d imagined it would be, its an incredible feeling to see these amazing structures that you’ve been studying about for so long! Shortly after taking a few pictures of the Coliseum the weather turned for the worst and the next thing we knew we were being pelted by serious hail and rain, we all tried to huddle under umbrellas and ponchos. It lasted about 30 minutes, by the time it was over we were all just soaking wet and walking through ankle deep water!! It was a really great first day memory. After the storm was over we walked around and tried to take in all that we were seeing. It was very cool, by that time it was time to head back to the hotel. Its been a good and very long 2 days! Can’t wait to go to bed
!





No comments:

Post a Comment