Thursday, August 13, 2009

July 15th




























































































Oh boy! What a day! I'm exhausted! Today was full of walking, cathedral, walking, museum, walking, another museum, and even more walking! This morning we went to the Cathedral of St. Denis, it has beautiful stained glass windows, flying buttresses, and gargoyles. Its a lot different than the other churches that we've seen in Italy. We were only there for a short time and her headed to the Pompidou. This is by far my most favorite museum that we've been to thus far! The picture of me, Bec, and Mal in front of a building with the stairs on the outside is the Pompidou. Just the way they designed the inside and outside of the building is incredible and ingenius to me. Inside it is full of modern art from artists like Picaso, Mondrian, and van Gough...who if anyone knows me knows that he is my absolute favorite artist! We were only able to spend about an hour and a half inside which is sad but that just means that I have to come back someday. After the Pompidou we stopped at this amazing little crep place. I got a crep that had nutella in it. Oh my gosh! It was so good! Best thing ever! We made our way over to the Louvre Museum. It was indredible and oh so overwhelming!! The glass pyramid by I. M. Pei was really neat, such a modern building in the middle of such an old building, its a really awesome contrast in design. Inside the museum we saw a lot of Egyptian relics which was really cool. We also saw the famus Mona Lisa painting by DeVinci. Its so much smaller than I imagined it, it was really neat to just stand there and admire it for a bit, I had my own little Mona Lisa moment. We spent about 4 or 5 hours inside, we were so exhausted by the time we got out, as you can see by the picture of Malory laying by the window in the Louvre. Ha ha! We didn't even go through half of it that is how huge it is! We came outside and soaked our sore and blistered feet in the fountain just outside the museum. Oh my word my feet were so sore! After resting for a bit we found a really cute cafe with really good food and at some dinner. French food is amazing, I didn't think that I would like it but it is so good! Its been a good day, can't wait to go to bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment