Tuesday, August 18, 2009

July 25th






















Today was another fabulous day in wonderful London. This morning we got up early and went to Notting Hill Gate which has the famous Portobello Road Market. "Portobello road, Portobello road. Street where the riches of ages are stowed. Anything and everything a chap can unload. Is sold off the barrow in Portobello road." There were so many people it was crazy and a pick-pocketer's paradice I'm sure. There were so many fabulous things to look at and buy, I could have spent so much money. There was everything from antiques to purses and jewlry. It was so cool! Funny story though, my friends and I were walking down Portobello Road with the hords of people and this American girl, who looked like a valley girl, was talking so loud, and all you could hear above the crowd was, "If it was Jill...IF IT was Jill...IF IT WAS JILL!" in a valley girl voice, she sounded like an idiot! My friends and I where laughing so hard, no wonder europeans think Americans are stupid because they talk like that! It was pretty funny, so now we say it all the time just for a good laugh. After our lovely time on Portobello Road it was time to go see Billy Elliot! I was so excited! This would be my first actual broadway musical that I have seen so I was super stoked! Anyways, the musical was amazing and did not disapoint! It was incredible and yes I cried twice! The little boy who played Billy was amazing and far more talented then some of the adults, it was so much fun and I'm so glad that I got to see it in London.

No comments:

Post a Comment