Thursday, August 13, 2009

July 11th





































Ok so today is probably one of the best days of my life! It's been such a good day! Well this morning we took a boat to go see the Mazzega Glass Factory were they make real hand blown vanisian glass. The boat ride was so much fun as you can see in the picture of Bec and I. I was actually cruzing on a boat on the ocean, so cool! Anyways, we get to the factory and they demonstrated how they do it. It was pretty cool this man made a horse, he was pulling the glass like it was taffy to make the legs, head, and tail. It was way awesome. Then we got to go into their show room and its incredible!! I was so afraid of breaking something though, it is very expensive. After seeing the factory we decided to stay on the little island for a bit longer and look around and we found this building that had was painted this bright yellow. Bright yellow wall + cool island in Venise + 6 girls from Utah= the greatest opportunity for pictures!! We took so many pictures it was probably illeagal! It was so much fun though. After our photo shoot we decided to head back and go to St. Marks, so we hoped on the water taxi and it was the longest ride ever! It took like an hour to get were we needed to be, but I didn't mind it was a really nice ride and it was cool to see more of Venise. We finally get to our spot and went to St. Marks Basilica, its a really good example of byzantine architecture and is covered in mosaics. When we were done looking inside we hurried and got some dinner so that we could go on a gondola ride! Yeah boi!!! That ride has been the highlight of this trip so far! It was so incredible and magical! That sounds so stupid but it was, it was awesome! Our gondalier was very handsome...yes please! He gave us the history of the architure and he even sang to us! I almost cried it was that good! Sadly our ride was over too soon but what a wonderful way to end the day. I think that I may leave my heart in Venise. I'm sad that we are leaving tomorrow night for Paris. I can't believe that we are already leaving Italy, its a bitter sweet feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment